Friday, May 13, 2011

Jenny Morgan Press!!

For those of you who have not been watching my facebook page like a hawk, here is your chance to see and read up on all of the amazing press Jenny Morgan and "One and the Many" has received the last few days...


"Working with people from my own life as subject matter allows me to hone in on specifics of their character and present their personalities as I experience them."- Jenny Morgan, Village Voice article , 'ABOUT FACE: Capturing inner beauty one hair strand at a time,' by Araceli Cruz


"I do generally build up the figure in two coats and then sand specific areas. So I have to kind of wait and see what parts to paint according to what I sand, so it goes in different layers. But I do like to build it up and then just tear it down again."- Jenny Morgan for 'Inside the Artist's studio,' for L Magazine, by Benjamin Sutton...L Magazine's wonderful Benjamin Sutton did a feature article on Jenny in which he asks the artist about her specific processes where her titles come from, and what drives her scraping and sanding layers away. It's a really fantastic article, and online you get the full interview which gives such amazing insight to Jenny's work. Definitely a great read!

“This body of work finally had my undivided attention. I was able to work consistently everyday which allowed for this body of work to feel more like a family to me. They are all interconnected.” - Jenny Morgan for Milkmade. This super awesome website is run by the peeps over at Milkstudios in Chelsea; they feature written editorial and blog posts, exclusive photo commissions, cell phone content, and an interactive events calendar. Pretty cool stuff!

Current has re-posted Jenny's feature in this week's L Magazine on their home page!

And just to give ourselves our own little pat on the back, The Guardian included us in their New York City Guide naming us one of the top 10 best art galleries in Brooklyn and Queens! It is an honor to be listed with the Brooklyn Museum, Queens Museum, P.S. 1, and other greats!

No comments: