Sunday, June 13, 2010

Why did I ever leave...? Oh... for the love of contemporary art, that's right.



I arrived in Florence, Italy and was instantly greeted by my good friends, Sabine and Henning. They whisked me off through Tuscany on the Autostrada to their gorgeous home away from on home, an Italian villa perched on a hill overlooking the ancient Etruscan city of Lucca.

Their home was surrounded by sugar and spice and everything nice. The spice is pictured below, the sugar and everything nice was provided by the excellent company of instant friends Marieanne, Elke, and Heiney. Marieanne's an architect from Hamburg, with a plethora of knowledge of all things Italian. Elke and Heinrich are the charming and proud owners of Ladage & Oelke, a 3rd generation family owned clothing shop, c.1845 located in Hamburg. Ladage & Oelke specializes in tailored clothing from and influenced by England.

Elka and Heinrich, (pictures of the shop to come when I visit Hamburg!)


(check out the Sage, Like the Spice...hee hee) EDITOR'S NOTE: HEE HAS TWO E'S, MARISA, AND NOT ONLY BECAUSE I'M BITTER THAT YOU LEFT ME BEHIND IN THE GALLERY WHILE YOU RAN OFF TO EUROPE

I toured the grounds, laid under the Tuscan sun, drank copious amounts of local white wine, and took in the fresh lavender, jasmine, and poppy scents that flowed freely through the valley's air.

No comments: