Sunday, September 6, 2009

He's A Man Of Many Interests

Our good friend Eric LoPresti isn't just the mastermind behind the impending beauty that is Fade (opening reception September 11th, 2009, 6:30pm - 10pm if you didn't already know). He's also a blogger! At least, he is now that Nathan Abels of the blog minutiae has offered him a chance to guest blog for a day.




Now that I’m back in NYC, I’m in crunch-mode, starting the final few paintings for my upcoming show... This work is about the desert, and my feelings about growing up in the waning aftermath of the Cold War. I’m using aerial imagery of desert weapons sites, e.g. Nevada Proving Grounds and the Hanford Site in Eastern Washington... Following are my thoughts, in no particular order.


Eric's guest post covers a whole slew of his current influences, from William Turner to Richard Rhodes to Tillman Kaiser to the recording artists Department of Eagles. What comes out is an interesting look at the mind of an artist, and a dissection of the inspirations that have combined to create Fade. We think you should head over and check it out.

No comments: